Do you believe in any thing said on media , news ?

67% lies

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 4:53 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• When it comes to the news, I always check with several sources to try and get the whole story. Unlike many people I know IRL, I do not take the word of ONE news outlet as the gospel truth. 

It's all just data and statistics to be manipulated ... yes, I am that jaded when it comes to the media. Being a journalist used to be one of my dreams until I decided that I couldn't compromise my ethics THAT much. 

I also do not listen to idiots that call themselves "political commentators" ... well, except for the occasional viewing of The Daily Show

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The older I get, the less I believe. I think that it has more to do with sensationalism than out right lies though.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 5:17 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I believe most things are exaggerated and valid facts are left out. Media in terms of celebrities is something I try to ignore because I don't think it's news.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 6:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Got a source to support that 67%?

I'm less likely to believe your reporting than I am to believe what I read (which is from a wide variety of outlets)/ :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Lets say I take it all with a grain of salt. Kinda like peanut butter. You have to be choosy about your source. LOL
    Do the research
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I am more prone to 'believe' when I have a sense there is nothing to gain from the story being reported and there is viable evidence to support the story.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You're right and a lot of the things celebrities do are for publicity.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 5:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• When someone does something to gain popularity, ratings and more pay then I barely believe the majority of what is said and that includes these news stations and so on
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 5:03 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i don't watch the news. I read a lot, i guess that is still news though...just not tv news. I don't pay mind to the celebrities usually....but every once in a while my curiosity will get me if it's a big story.

I don't believe everything i read though, i like to get a few sources & think about it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:07 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i didn't mentioned celebreties; cause they' aint news ;) im talkin about what happened on the world ... i dont believe what i see on media at all .. lies lies and lies
    caramelH

Comment by caramelH (original poster) at 7:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2011