Is it too soon?

We found out Wed that we're having a girl. I'm so excited! I'm only 20 weeks is that too soon to start planning the nursery theme and such? I have a 3 year old son so this girly stuff is new and exciting to me!

blainesmommy03

Asked by blainesmommy03 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is never to soon to plan. Just make sure that it is definetely a girl. If you are sure GO FOR IT. It is so much planning and it can take time to get it right. Good Luck and have lots of fun
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• No way, time goes by so fast and with having a 3 year old means things will take a little longer. Get going on it. We have our theme because baby will be a surprise. We are having our 11 year old's room painted right after xmas and then once we clear her stuff out of baby's room we will paint and put everything together. My goal is to be finished by the first of Feb. our baby is due April 2, 2009!
    mrsjvz2

Answer by mrsjvz2 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i started as soon as i found out i was pregnant, then really kicked it up when i found out what i was having. it so fun, and theres no reason to wait until the very last minute
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• ok, i would have to say it was to soon from a crazy experience. we went for a sonar when i was 20 wks and they said its a boy then i had another like a wk later to double check, i didn't have another sonar until i was 7 mths for baby measurements and they said sorry to tell u its not a boy. this happened after my best friend bought all my shower stuff and even printed custom invites and order the cake. so i had a boy for 2 mths and 2 sonars and now i have a beautiful 2 mth old daughter. JUST BE CAREFUL AND KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS
    FallonBlackmnon

Answer by FallonBlackmnon at 3:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• LOL, I started researching nursery designs before I was pregnant! We chose not to find out what we were having, so my plan was to get basics that would work for either sex, then get the bedding and things as soon as baby was born. I used the Paint program on the computer to cut and paste different designs into the room--I was obsessed! I ended up falling in love with a neutral set on clearance at Babies 'R Us and bought it on the spot, lol!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2008