Anyone looking to adopt a small dog?

I have a black and brown puppy. Not sure of the exact age I have been in and out of contact with it for about 6 months. We believe him to be a rat terrier. I rescued him from someone who was going to shoot him,found him a new home, then I rescued him again because he killed chickens. He is VERY smart and would prefer to be an inside dog. At one time he was house trained but no one cared enough to let him outside. Please help Remmington find a home!!!!!!!!! contact me at 318-744-1131. My name is Holly!!

TATERsmom1

Asked by TATERsmom1 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pets

• where do u live holly? i have been looking for a dog for my 9 month daughter is it playful?
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• If he is indeed a rat terrier, they are hunting dogs. It is in their blood to hunt and kill small animals. They are also very hyper and need lots of excercise.They never outgrow the hyperness either, it is a life long thing. They also love, love, love to chew on things, and often their colars. I hope you find him a good home, but keep these things in mind when finding the right home for him, or you may have to rehome him again.
    boy_or_girl

Answer by boy_or_girl at 3:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Rat terriers are all the things PP mentioned but they are terrific pets for families with children. Loyal, good watchdogs and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to play! Definately need a fenced yard and if you do take this little guy, I'd start out by crating him until he's housebroken again. They are VERY smart dogs and learn quickly. Hope it works out! (I already have 2 rescue dogs and 5 grandkids or I'd consider him!)
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 7:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2008