Prepareing for Kingarden.

What things must my son konw for kingarden next year?
Is thire anything i can do this summer to get him ready?

ad_mommy

Asked by ad_mommy at 7:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does your son know how to count to ten, does he know his ABCs, does he know his basic colors?? That is more than enough to know before starting Kindergarten.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 7:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• alphabet, counting, shapes, recognizing letters and numbers, writing his name...etc. Id goole it or go to ehow.com and type your question. GL!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• my dd too. Just make the paper work at school and be friend with the teacher. thats a creative fase.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 7:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Numbers to 20. Know alphabet. Write letters and numbers. Know letter sounds. Know colors. Be able to follow instructions and play cooperatively.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Know the sounds and the letters of the alphabet. Counting up to atleast 10, and of course colors. Some of the pbs prout, sesame street, and other websites can help to give a fun twist on learning. Just recognizing and writing some of your basic alphabet. In the beginning they did give a small test to see exactly what alphabet letters he knew. Also, in my son's school they did have a few small words written down, my son knew some but not all. They work pretty well in the school teaching and going over anything my son did not know. Now towards the middle and end of kindergarten my son can read and knows about 49 words. Sometimes you can find some great books that are age and level appropriate and I used these to work with my son over last summer. I did not pressure too much, as they seem to learn pretty quickly in school. Good Luck
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Many school districts also have this information on line. I work in a preK. things have changed in the 12 years I've been here. We now want the kids to recognize the numbers "Is this 3 a three or a four?", count to 100, recognize the letters "what letter is this? P", write at least their first names, know the colors and shapes. And I totally agree with following instructions and play cooperatively.
    My two very good friends have kindergarteners this year and I can't believe that they are both reading, writing stories, doing homework/ projects and simple addition.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• This article may be helpful to you:
    http://www.examiner.com/child-behavior-in-fort-lauderdale/is-your-child-really-prepared-for-kindergarten

Read it and you'll learn what the most important skills are!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 10:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2011