Can you have your period while pregnant?

I was 1 1/2 late starting my period. So I took an ept test and it turned to postitive before I even finished peeing. So I was like ok well I guess I'm pregnant, time to call the doc. Well about 2 hours after I took the test I took a shower and when I got out to and started drying off I noticed blood. So then I went and put a pad on. It has been a few hours and the pad doesn't have much on it, but when I go to the bathroom the water is all red (tmi sorry). I have since started cramping a bit. So I am freaking out! I am trying to get through to my doc office but I have to leave messages and can't get a person. Could this be a period? Do you think the test could have been wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it could have been wrong but i've heard of many ppls having there period while prego i would still go get checked
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Thank you for your response. I got a hold of the doc office and told them my story. They are going to talk to the doc and call me back to tell me what I need to do.

Also I meant to say 1 week and 1/2 late starting my period.
    Anonymous

• ok thats good let me know what u find out
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I will, thanks.
    Anonymous

• I had my period for at least 4 months into my pregancny with my second child. Neither new I was pregnant
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't even wait for the doc to call you back, I'd go to the hospital. It may be nothing, but red blood is usually something you need to get checked out right away. Best of luck.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I had 3 periods with each child.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I spotting at the beginning of both of my boys and then it went away. The dr said it was common when the egg gets implanted. I would take another test if you are concerned, but it sounds like you are pregnant. You can also ask you doctors office to draw blood and do a pregnancy test that way. Good luck!
    Crystal2451

Answer by Crystal2451 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I just spoke with the doctor. She said that it is normal to have some spotting at the begining of a pregnancy. She told me to limit my activities this weekend and drink lots of fluids. I have an apt to see her Monday morning. Thanks for all of the advice ladies. I'll try and remember to post an update after I get back from the doc on Monday :o)
    Anonymous

• I took an ept test and it came back positive. I was not pregnant. I did get my period about 4 days after I tesed positive. I will never use an ept pregnancy test. again. Take a diffrent test.
    Anonymous