Today is my grandmother's birthday.

She was my world. She passed away in 2007, may she rest in peace. But I never forget her birthday. And I have cake for her cause she was a diabetic. I still have it to this very day.

What do you do? Someone who was near and dear to you that has passed away what do you do on their bday?

prissysayshi

Asked by prissysayshi at 7:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• My grandmother's birthday is March 20th. She passed in 2002. I used to cry every year. But I'm better now. I love thinking about her. Happy Birthday to your grandma. HUGS to you.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My grandmother died in 2001. I still think about her a lot on her birthday. I will always miss her.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:03 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I spend their birthday the wat they would if they were living. I am selfish on my birthday so I always expect that from the next person also. My first bestfriend died from suicide, on her birthday she would go to any bridge and pick the petals of 5 dozen roses and watch as they drift away. Every year for the past 17 years I have done this. I can see her smiling as the petals drift away.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 10:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My passed away May 11, 2010 and his birthday was January 4th. This past January, we set a place at the time dinner time for him and had a cake and my son & I shared stories about about grandpa. Love you dad & miss ya!
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2011