Clueless!

I have a 20 month old son, and i have no problem figuring out what to get him. The problem: I have a almost 4 month old daughter, and besides clothes, i have no idea what i should get her. Everything she needs, we already have. We have the excersaucer, bouncer, swing, tummy time mat, baby toys...all from my son. I know i don't need to go all out, since she's only 4 months, but i also feel bad that my son will be getting alot of stuff, and my DD mainly just clothes. What do you get your 4 month old baby?

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well my daughter is 9 months and she has everything 2 i got her a vsmile baby and some clothes i mit get her some more learning toys! i would get ur baby learning toys 2 help develope
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• At her age you could do something that is more of a keepsake, maybe a name bracelet for her or a special doll to remember the holiday. Or make her a special build-a-bear for her first christmas. She won't be able to open anything so anything small will work, don't stress about it.
    mrsjvz2

Answer by mrsjvz2 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Don't feel bad! Your daughter won't know the difference! lol

I would maybe ask for a car seat (the next size up), a High chair (since she is 4 months old, solids are in the near future) and clothes! Since you already have a 20 month old, you know how fast they grow!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• if all her toys are from ur son maybe u should get her some kind of toys that are really girly like dolls and barbies and stuff even if they're a little too advanced for her, she will grow into them
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I wouldn't worry about getting her anything for the moment because like the other ladies said she is only four months and she won't really remember anything. But if it is really bothering you that your son got more you could always buy her some advanced toys for when she gets a little older. That way it will make you feel better and you can always start teaching her stuff early to help her get a jump start.
    kesha263

Answer by kesha263 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My son will be four months old on Christmas, and I'm getting him clothes and a few toys, but I'm mostly just enjoying having one last holiday season that I don't have to break the bank on him, lol! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Mine is 8 mo but will be getting everything from family that she needs. So I got her a keepsake Christmas ornaments and a musical stuffed animal just so she'll have something special from me. I'll let the clothes and developmental toys come from everyone else. I think a small keepsake item and a small item to enjoy at the current stage of development is perfect.
    Hartless

Answer by Hartless at 4:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I highly recommend putting aside the money you would have spent on clothing into a college savings account, savings bond, or just an investment/savings account in your child's name. It's never too early to start saving.
    Anonymous

• We have a 4month old now and decide we are only buying his first ornament. He doesn't need anything and we need to pay bills and save up so that later on we all are better off. Besides grammas are all getting him things he truley needs, like a high chair LOL. And I have a 3 year old nephew and last year was the first year he enjoyed gifts.....but was so excited with the first 2 things the other few things my brother and sister and law opened for him LOL And when my nephew was born I told my brother I was putting money into a savings account rather than buying him lots of gifts through life, so when he is older and responsible and mature enough, he can use if to buy a car. We all liked that idea.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2008