How is the dating scene going for other single expecting mothers?

I am a single mom, 32 weeks with my first child, and I have gone out on a few dates. Though they didn't last, and I stopped seeing them after a time or two of dating for whatever reason, they were actually pretty successful dates! I mean, I'm very obviously pregnant, at 32 weeks, so it's not like they can get away with it not being seen while being out with me. Just wondering if anyone else is having any luck.

Jesusis4always

Asked by Jesusis4always at 8:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• when i was prego I had a great time going out on dates!!! i thought guys wouldnt want to go out because i was prego! PREGO IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I could never date being pregnant. I'd be too "into" my pregnancy. Having been single and pregnant, I can truly say the thought never crossed my mind. I was too busy resting and taking care of me, as well as prepping for the new addition. =) Men were the last thing I needed to add to the mix, so I guess mentally I never thought about it.

To each their own though. GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 8:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I am not single, and I am grateful for that, because I have seen how my single girlfriends struggle to find someone decent. A few of them are single mothers, and that doesn't seem to be much of an issue, but it seems that these men (at least around here), don't have anything to offer a woman. No educations, no jobs, live with mom, can't even show up on time or hold a conversation.

My girlfriends are educated, have homes for themselves, work, etc, so it is not as if they are expecting more out of someone they date than they have expected of themselves. My biggest suggestion is to have standards and keep them rigidly.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I don't think I went on any dates when I was single and pregnant. I did kind of have a "guy friend" that I hung out with a lot and he was fantastic. His Momma was too, she would make him go out and get me things I was craving, it was awesome. However, dating was just not something I truly thought about.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i actually got hit on more with my first pregnancy, and asked if i wanted alcohol at restaraunts.. i think it was the boobs
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 1:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• im not single i am married but i have had a lot of guys come into my work and hit on me more since i have been pregnant..im 36 weeks and had a guy who hadnt been in in a while come up to me and say you are looking good...i think its the boobs too lol
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2011