What am i supposed to do? How am i supposed to take my self control back?

My boyfriend and i have been together for 6 months, were COMPLETE opposites but for some reason we just click. I do love him to death, but we bicker alot. I feel like were both very stubborn so i allways have to be the one to give in just because it will start more of an arguement. I love him and dont want to leave him, but i just need help on taking some control back without causing more bickering. Any advice please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Constant arguing, even over little things and feeling like you're out of control isn't a great basis for a lasting relationship even if you love him. I suggest counselling. It's a great way to get an unbiased mediator involved. Best of luck!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:48 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Maybe try counciling... you never know good luck i totaly understand were your comin from
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would sit down and try to figure out the root of the issue. You may fight over everything it seems, but there has to be some root cause. Is there tension over money? Do you feel resentful of him for some reason? Does he? Getting to the root may be the only answer short of going your separate ways, and you may need outside help to do it, like a therapist or counselor. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Stop bickering. That's it.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 8:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I agree, stop bickering. Me and my partner are so alike(and she resembles my mother too) so we bicker often, but really we always make up. Sometimes just end it. That's what we usually do and then next thing we know we are just having fun and laughing, with the past behind us. Sometimes our "opinions" differ, which usually causes the bickering but we learn to agree to disagree and then it's all over. I love her to death, and we'll always have our differences but it's what makes us US. And bickering, "fights" they are always good for the relationship. If no arguments ever happen, then it's not really working, someone is holding back.

Good luck to you. :)
    RainbowMom132

Answer by RainbowMom132 at 9:15 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• it is not a good sign that just 6 months into the relationship you guys are bickering so much. it is not a good sign that you are the one who always has to give in because it is usually the other way around-- men usually give in. he might be very selfish and will not compromise in the future. if you love him you should talk to him about it . if he doesn't adjust his attitude.. you should decide if u want to remain in this relationship because his behavior could snowball into him becoming freakishly controlling, this is how it usually starts. just talk to him and see what happens. if after you talk to him and he fails to see his faults and is in denial....RUN!!
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Try not to give in and see where that goes. Most men will leave to cool off then come back once they have calmed down. Some will hit you because they feel women should stay in womens place. My husband allows me to vent so when I see he is over the top I allow him the manly role. I believe in knowing what you have to work with befor it's too late, I tend to push them to the limit. Do not back down while in an arguement. Always remember everything don't work for everybody. Good luck.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 10:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I know you love him and Love hurts sometimes but if your in a unhealthy relationship with bickering etc. you need to go your seperate ways because it will never change but might get worse or physical....
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011