Heartburn

Has anyone ever had active heartburn? I realized a few days ago that the plug-ins that I have all over my home is causing or contributing to my heartburns. What can I do to lower the fire in my chest?

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 9:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Health

• also was gonna add to what previous post said add a tablespoon of vinegar to the baking soda and water it cured me,along with taking a good probiotic.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:10 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'm sorry, honey I've never had heartburn. Everyone told me I'd get it when I was preg but didn't. My BIL said if you mix about a Tbs. Baking Soda with small cup of water it cures heartburn everytime. He said it'll make you burp ALOT but it works! :)
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 10:30 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I had to go to the hospital years ago thats how bad mine was. GL hope you find the cure!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:11 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Plug ins cannot contribute to your heartburn as you don't ingest the materials in the plug ins - you breath it, not eat it.

Constant heartburn can be reflux and needs to be treated seriously since reflux can erode the lining in your throat, ruin your esophagus, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:18 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I have it and have had it for years talk to your doctor about what is going on and make sure it isn't anything more serious
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I have GERD, and for the last 8 years I've been taking Nexium/Prevacide every day, sometimes twice a day. There is a surgery option for me I just choose not to take it at this point.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:32 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Plug-ins have nothing to do with heartburn. Are you pregnant? is it only occasionally, or often? I have heartburn and take over the counter prilosec, which my doctor recommended. You can try it for two weeks, and only take it longer after you see a doctor. My brother has Barret's syndrome, pre-cancer of the esophagus. He had heartburn for years and never did anything but the baking soda, tums route. Now he's being treated.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011