My baby didn't have a nub?????

I had done alot of reading on the internet prior to my 12 week ultrasound. And I read that your baby has a nub to begin with whether it is boy or girl, it is the direction it points to determine which sex. There was no nub what so ever on the ultrasound. Actually when they done the between the leg shot, there was nothing there. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Wow, that is really interesting.. I have no idea what that means, but I am definitely very curious as to what other moms say. What did the doctor say?
    Jesusis4always

Answer by Jesusis4always at 9:21 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The u/s tech didn't seem concerned. She just said that they all look like girls at 12 weeks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't be concerned either, then. If you go at 20 weeks and there's no indication of sex, then I'd be worried.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:54 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I've never heard of that... And I've had three kids.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Let me also say that the u/s tech did not come out and say that my baby did not have a nub. I myself just didn't see one. And you know how ultrasounds are, sometimes hard to tell what is what but she did got right between the legs and it just look flat. So I am thinking it is probably a girl!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I have never heard of this. Very interesting. I can't imagine it would be anything to worry about. I am sure if you had something you should worry about, the u/s tech would have had the doctor talk with you. But if you are truly concerned you could talk to your doctor about it.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:32 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Try not to worry too much. Like another post said, I wouldn't be worried about what the u/s says until 20 weeks.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:32 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yea I agree with nicole...
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• well dont go out buying anything pink just yet..at my 19 week ultrasound the girl said it was a boy and when we went back to look at it you could clearly tell it was a foot..it took till week 31 to finally decipher that it was indeed a little boy..by that time most of us were convinced it was a girl cuz you could never find little boy parts...needless to say my mom had to take back a lot of pink stuff and get blue and green...so i wouldnt worry too much about the nub myth and wait till your 20 week ultrasound to find out the sex
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2011