Who do you love more....your SO or your kid(s)?

Before I had my baby I thought there was no way I could love her more than my SO. But, when I had her it was a totally different kind of love that I have NEVER felt before. I could cry just thinking about her. I think I love them both equally but in different ways. I was just curious how everyone else felt.

Kenzies_momma

Asked by Kenzies_momma at 3:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• It is a different kind of love. That being said DH comes first. I come first for DH. Our children get the benefit of DH and I putting our marriage first and they are naturally protected under our "umbrella."
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 7:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Both just different kind of love
    Anonymous

• Agree it's a different kind of love but equally intense.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My kids LOL.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• its a different kind of love
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 3:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• You can fall out of love with a SO, but you will never never lose it for your kids. Its 2 different kids of love and like someone else sd, both intense
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 3:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• And Love with So is also something you work at, with children you dont work at it. Its natural.
    YanniSmoMMy

• for me that's like trying to pick a favorite song, a favorite painting, a favorite kind of sashimi. i love so many in different ways. my love for my hubby is as natural and unconditional as my love for my daughter... i can't help it. i don't question it or rank it, i just enjoy it and try to act upon it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I agree with everyone else...it's a different kind of love. I also think it's really sweet that the thought of my boyfriend loving my daughter just as much as me doesn't bother me one bit. I always said I'd freak if her ever loved another girl as much as he loved me...but it makes my heart melt when he talks about her. I can't wait until she gets here so we can see her for the first time ^.^
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• My kids, I could live without my hubby if I had to, but life without my kids would be not be much of a life at all.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 4:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2008