Alcohol vs Pot

What do you think is worse for you? As in long term effects?

No i do not do either, just curious what people think. :)

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Health

• my dh smokes pot...if he doesnt smoke, his semi bi poler, ocd, and adhd come out full blown(no pun intended). he hates taking meds, of any kind, and has never been "offically" diagnosed with those, but when your mother is bi poler and ocd, your more likely to get it. i would much rather him be high than drunk because drinking kills people, the drunk and the innocent victims also, but i personally cant say that i have heard of weed killing anyone, other than the whole "drug deal gone bad" thing on occasion.BUT until it is legalized, dh is not allowed to smoke in front of ds and i wouldnt want him to anyways cause of the smoke.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think they affect different people in different ways. Alcoholism is very, very ugly, no doubt. But I have known people who are dependent on pot and turn into real a-holes when they aren't high. It completely takes over their lives to the point where being stoned is normal. I'm not saying that all people who smoke pot have that experience, just as not everyone who drinks becomes an alcoholic. But it is my firm belief that ANY mind-altering substance can be dangerous/addictive for a certain percentage of people.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Alcohol is worse. Unless you count laziness as a health issue lol
    Marijuana is said to actually lower blood pessure whereas alcohol and tobacco raise it, for example.
    Also I was reading on a pharmacuetical company's website about different drugs, effects on pregnancy. Everything had concrete fetal effects such as fetal alcohol syndrome. For marijuan all it could say was MAY cause short attention span or something similar
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:40 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Any substance can be abused, even junk food! But if a person is doing these things in moderation, alcohol is probably worse. Any person that drinks or smokes all day, every day is going to have major problems no matter what though.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think either in moderation is fine. If we're talking heavy addict abuse, both being bad, I think alchohol is worst.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• at this point in time it isnt about which is worse but which is legal.

until marijuana is legal it is wrong to smoke it... end of story.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 9:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would say alcohol has effects that we have always heard of, were as Pot do not. If I had to choose I would choose Pot. But, I throw up everytime I drink alcohol and I can not stand the smell of Pot.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 10:13 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Alxohol is by far worse for everyone.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:30 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I've worked in a rehab directly with the clients. I can honestly say that they are equally destructive. I've seen first hand the lives that drugs/alcohol can destroy.
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 10:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2011