My son gets his license Wednesday (accccck!!)

My son is getting his license this week. He is the baby of my oldest 3. I cant believe he is already going to be road bound lol. Anyway he is an "ok" driver. He isnt horrible or great but I guess who was when they got their license right? He gets a little distracted some times and I have to remind him of small things (check your blind side, dont hug the side of the road etc). Honestly because I am "mom" I feel like I am going to have a heart attack every time I get in the car lol.
He wants to drive my car to church by himself Wednesday night. He has driven the road there and back atleast 100 times. Should I let him?

Asked by gemgem at 9:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• If he passes, let him drive. You have to let go and trust at some time.
    My daughter will have had her permit for a full year next Sunday so she is now able to get her driver's license per NC state law. But she's my 3rd child to go through this process.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:53 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Let him. He has to do it on his own sometime Mama. He will be fine! :)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yes.... and I wish you the best!
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 9:37 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Oh, good luck!! I m so dreading that. My son gets his permit in 2 months. You have to let him go sometime!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:08 AM on Mar. 5, 2011