Do you know anyone that has lost their home due to a fire?

I am so paranoid about fires. Last night, the condo that is diagonally across from us was on fire and we watched as fireman came and broke down the door and cleared everything out, at that point it was just smoking really bad and luckily we did not have to evacuate but I was so scared that it would spread and we would lose our home too. The owner was not even home when this happened, his next door neighbor heard his alarm going off, saw smoke, and called 911. I guess it's one circumstance when it could be good and bad to have neighbors so close to you.

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• an old babysitter of mine did, yes that is something i think about all the time too. really scary.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I have and I was home with my 3 year old & 29 month old at the time, my 3 year old took her sister by the hand and walked her away from the fire, (of course I had family there) but she was so proud of herself for being a big girl and brave, we lost everything including some animals, but we were alive and safe so that is all that matters, 3 days after my home burned we were in a bad car wreck , but at that point we were just happy to be alive, and that is when I learned money doesn't but your happiness, and we learned to be thankful and blessed with whatever we had, (which happened to be the clothes on our backs) and to be alive and still have each other!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:06 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• When I was very little my mom said we lost almost everything we own in a fire. :( I have NO baby picture of me or anything. Lost alot of stuff we can't get back. But its ok my mom says my boy looks just like I did so I know what I looked like. :)
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 10:23 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• an old friend. she loved candles but the candles didn't love her-- obviously.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Our neighbors home burned down in 2004- No one was home at the time.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My friend did. It was pretty bad. On top of it she is also battling breast cancer but everyone made it out ok and she is thankful for that
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• I LOST MY HOME TO A FIRE AND ME AND MY TWO KIDS WERE HOMELESS FOR ABOUT A MONTH BUT MY MOM TOOK US IN...WE LEFT HOME AND WHEN WE CAME BACK WE SAW THE STREETS BLOCKED OFF WITH FIRETRUCKS AND POLICE SO WE JUST STARTED TO CRY THE CLOSER WE GOT TO OUR HOUSE AND SAW IT WAS OURS ON FIRE...MY SON WAS ONLY ONE AND IS NOW NINE MY DAUGHTER TOOK IT REALLY HARD AND WAS NINE AT THE TIME...BUT THANK GOD WE WERE BLESSED WITH ALOT OF HELP AND GODS BLESSINGS WE WERE SAFE AND GOT ALL WE NEEDED AFTER WE FOUND A NEW PLACE AND WE HAVE BEEN HERE FOR THE PAST NINE YEARS...BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
    lena695

Answer by lena695 at 3:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2011