Spinoff of my fire question... Do you have an evacuation plan?

Do you and your children pratice a fire evacuation plan just incase of a fire? My dd is only 2 so I haven't but I know exactly what I would do to get her out just incase. When she gets a little older we will go over safe ways to get out of the house so she knows.

Namaste17

Asked by Namaste17 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We don't practice (because it involves my older kids crawling out of their windows onto the roof - then they would have to jump from one place where it's only 1 story up), but we have one and our older kids know it. My younger ones are only 2 and 8 months - they are closest to our room so we can grab them and run.

Answer by missanc at 10:01 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• We do have a plan, but have never actually practiced it since it requires us jumping out of a second story window if necessary. Hopefully we never need it (fingers crossed).

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yes we have a plan and yes we practice our plan, I have lost a home to fire before so I want to be prepared if it was to happen again!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Funny you mention, my SIL & her 3 kids live with me & my 3yo & DH. We were just talkin the other day about a fire escape route. We come up with two different routes depending on where the fire is & planned where we'll meet & what we'll do. :)
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 10:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Plan is to get out the door!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yes we have a plan.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yes we do we have it posted on our bulletin board and practice it every so often so the boys get used to it
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 6, 2011