Do you think a half hour is enough time for my husband to see our daughter a day?

He works a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Even though he works a lot he has too give her more of his time. Teens, children for the most part need us both. At a certain age they start actting out especially when they see parents working hard.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 10:20 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• well i guess it depends on what they do together... its about quality not quantity
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Hey at least she gets to see him daily. My dh's hours keep him from seeing our kids daily. Be thankful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• It could be, depending on how those 30 minutes are spent. There are many days that I see my son for less than that. Parents sacrifice time with their kids to put food on the table, clothes on their backs and a roof over their heads.

It's about quality NOT quantitiy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• If that's all he can do, it's all he can do. I would be thankful that he is working hard to support your family. I also agree with tyfry - it's all about quality and not quantity.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:26 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I agree with the qualty statement too. My husband works nites, is in school, and is reserves. He gets deployed alot as well. He spends as much time as he can with all 4 of our kids each day, even if it is just for 30 mins it is 30 mins that they love. Keep in mind, to a kid 30 mins seems like a long time.
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 10:38 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Mom dont put a time on it, let him see her as long or short of time he needs, he is her dad and I'm sure they love each other and yo don't want to come between them.....
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My personal thoughts.

How much time (and in counting the minutes) my husband spent with my son, didn't matter to me nearly as much as what he/they did during that time did. If my husband only had 30 minutes to spend with our son.

If he gave his heart and soul during those 30 minutes to our son, enjoyed him, had fun with him, learned with him, taught him and just shared a moment with him. That would be wonderful to me. I would far more prefer that, than my husband having 3 hours to spend with my son and those 3 hours be spent with no true interaction going on between them.

Quality matters far more to me than quantity (in most aspects of life, not just this one).

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2011