If your kid was about to be put up for adoption by CPS unless you got a job by October,how many applications would you be filling out in a day/week?

My cousin is about to lose her son and she filled out.......3 since Tuesday. If it was me it would be a fulltime job for me to find a JOB!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• y e a personaly i would be out when stores OPEN till they kick me out lokkin for a job!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Why isn't the child going to a family member? I think I would be more worried about that then if she has a job or not.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would be filing applications any and every where. How does one even get to the point of CPS threatening to take your child if you don't get a job? I bet there's a lot more than her just needing employement going on.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• When looking for a job you should do ten a day. With cps after you you should be up at seven and gone until nine or ten at night.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Your cousin can get a job at McDonalds,they have benefits too!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• What state is she in? I know in my state, unless the parents terminate their rights or the court orders the rights terminated due to severe neglect or abuse, the state can not just let the child be put up for adoption. If she doesn't have a job and can not provide for the children, they might be temporarily placed in foster care, but not put up for adoption.
    I agree with the above poster. McD's could be a place to start.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• It shows how bad she really wants her son. And that is sad.

I can never imagine being in a position where CPS had to step in and tell me what I needed to do to keep my children...but my god...my ass would be beating the pavement while stores were open (in my best clothes with a billion copies of my resume), and then online on Monster or Career Builder at night.

I know the economy is bad....but it damn sure wouldn't take me a year and a half to get a job if having my child hung in the balance.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:51 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yep, sounds like there is more to the story then just getting a job. This economy is horrible. If that was the case there would be many more children falling into the hands of CPS, hope she gets it figured out soon
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i would go to every business in my area, hiring or not, atleast to get my application in. i'd go to the next town over if nowhere hired me, and the town beyond that if i had to. id search the entire world for a job before i would let my kid slip away from me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Id have a job if Id lost him in Oct 09 and I would be licking the case worker or judges feet if they asked me too.

Answer by gemgem at 10:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2011