what do u do when u think u are going to explode because ur kid wont quit crying

what suggestion do u have or ideas that may help me

kayla08092323

Asked by kayla08092323 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would suggest walking away for a minute or two so you don't feel that way. If you have any one there to help I would also reccomend asking them to step in so you can take a breather. I do not have anyone that can help me in those situations, so I will strap her in her boppy chair, turn the music on and her vibration on or I will lay her on her back in her crib, or on the blanket on the floor and step away. I always make sure she isn't hungry, isn't dirty, doesn't need to burp, or have gas, and I check her fingers and toes to make sure she doesn't have a piece of my hair wrapped around them (it happened to me once before) before I will just let her cry. I'll usually load the dishwasher, or start a load of laundry when I do that, then go right back to her if she is still crying. When I pick her up she is usually ready to stop and just be comforted.
    TiffanyNTrista

Answer by TiffanyNTrista at 9:55 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Put them in a safe spot and take a mommy time out. Close the door and count to 100. Take deep breaths...get something cold to drink. And say a prayer. good luck ...take one day or one moment at a time. LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• well first, i think that they are fussing instead of crying because they lack the skills to verbally express themselves. The word fuss leaves out anxiety for me. I also start singing softly in their ear and saying gentle prayers. I hold them close to my body and rock them gently and talk to them. I also ask for guidance to understand and met their needs. I remember not feeling well and the compassion my mom showed me and boy was i a fussy child. I want to be that patient and compassionate with my children. I hope these work for you. Babies are strong. Be blessed.
    mushyb

Answer by mushyb at 10:25 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I used to take a mommy time out. If you have tried everything and you are getting frustrated, put the baby down in their crib, and take a quick time out. I used to go to the bathroom and count to 50, then get a drink of water. If it was really bad a would call my mom or a friend to come over and take a turn!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 10:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I've tried taking a "breather" and walking away for a few minutes once I'm positive that he isn't hungry, wet, etc., but it just makes me feel even worse to walk away from my crying baby!

I've figured out that works best for me when I'm starting to get really frustrated is to tell myself that he'll only be a baby for such a short time, and that one day I'll WISH he was little and crying for his mommy again. Sounds goofy, but it really helps me to calm down.

Usually, once I've thought about that, I calm down & so does he. Good luck! I know how trying it can be!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:33 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• These are the moments we need to be truthful with one another as mothers: It happens to all of us. I've had times that the combination of sleep deprivation, hormones, and endless crying left me actually shaking and not thinking rationally. There was a handful of times that I put my baby in the crib and walked outside where I couldn't hear the crying for 10 minutes. That worked wonders. Leaving a baby crying for 10 minutes will not hurt them - I could have held them for that 10 minutes and they'd still be crying, except then maybe I would have hurt them. That's the truth. Don't let anyone give you any guilt about letting them cry for a few minutes. BTW, Have you tried Mylecon?
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 10:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• When the baby is fussing and you cant sooth it. YOU get tense. The more tense YOU are the more the baby seems to fuss. GoToYourMoms is right. leave the baby in the crib and take a break. It will not hurt the baby to cry. When your a Mom, you have to take the good with the bad. It's all part of being a Mom. Sacrafices are part of being a Mom. Also getting pushed to the brink of sanity is part of it too.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Go outside and count to 10 or higher..take deep breaths. Or call my husband and talk about it. This too will pass. Baby can feel when you are stressed and so sometimes will make baby stress and cry. Relax and think that this is only temporary.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:05 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Another thing that ALWAYS worked when I already had tried everything else checked everything like burp, diaper, clothes, to see if baby is cold or hot..etc..is run the vacuum cleaner. Something about the vibration and sound is soothing.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• take a min.. go outside, get a breath of fresh air for a few... and co in a hold your babie and if he or she wont stop crying try puting him or her in the car seat, and sit them on the dryer and put it on low or med. and just stand there with your babie for a few and the chance of him or her going to sleep are high ... its a relaxing feeling and seems to calm them down alot!!!! my mom taught me that... i thought she was crazy... but it makes sence and worked for my daughter....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2008