I cant believe im still not pregnant....please read

It only took a month to get pregnant with our first and then 6 months with our second. We just finished up month 7 for this one and im still not pregnant! For the months of Jan and Feb we have had sex every other day i thought forsurely that would have helped but nope. I have been off the pill since July and have only had 1 period and that was in Nov. I weigh 165 (30 lbs more than before i started having children) and am wondering if thats what is causing this. Im not that stressed about getting pregnant.

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Sometimes weight, wether you are over or under, can affect if you concieve. Take folic acid and you can take prenatals now even before you concieve. Have you charted your ovulation cycles yet?
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 10:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'd talk to my GYN about the lack of regular periods and wanting to get pregnant again.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Weight can totally effect your fertility. I could not get pregnant for 13 years & finally did IVF to have my Son 4 years ago. I wanted to do IVF again but it was very costly, about $12,000 out of pocket with really good Insurance. I recently lost 10 pounds, the thinnest I have been in years and had sex with DH 1 time in Sept. I got pregnant! I was shocked with disbelief but am very very happy. I am 43 by the way! So I think if you lose even a little weight, not that you are fat at all, but it may make a difference. I ate soup for lunch every day & did not eat anything after 6:00pm at night, no sweets either & lost 10 pound fast! GL :)

Anonymous

• Weight can have an effect, but sometimes it just takes a long time to get pregnant. With our first, it took something like 5 months, then with our second, it was almost 8. Our third took LITERALLY one try lol and our 4th took a couple of months. It's different for every pregnancy.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• It sounds like you aren't ovulating...

Weight CAN cause that BUT it doesn't always. I was 293, 294, and 309 at the start of my 3 pregnancies so my weight never effected ovulation. I got pregnant 1st try with the last 2.

Weight may or may not be an issue for you but it DOES sound like ovulation is.

I would recommend spending the next two months losing weight and charting your cycle to see if you are ovulating and if weight is the issue.

THEN take your charts to your doctor and talk to them about Clomid if you still aren't ovulating.
    Anonymous

• The older you get the harder it is. That's nature.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• just a couple more specific details - I weigh 165 and am 5 ft 3 in and am 22......no bashing on the age!
    mommyofone15

Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• BDing everyother day may cause a decrease in your DH's sperm count but other than that you have to realize that in any given month you only have like a 30 percent chance of conceiving ( the percent maybe a little off) but there ar so many things that have to be just right.
    Hang in there there is no reason to think that given a little more time it will happen. PS I was almost 180lbs when I conceived at 5'3" but if it is bothering you a lose of 10lbs could do the trick.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• One of my sister's had issues conceiving due to weight and after she dropped about15lbs she got prego. And what is wrong with your age? Girl, I had my first at 18, and now I am 28 and pregnant with my 5th, and last, kid. Congrats on TTC. Parenthood is a wonderful blessing!
    elffyefli

Answer by elffyefli at 10:47 AM on Mar. 7, 2011

• I dont think there is anything wrong with my age but im sure there alots of other people that do. Thats awesome your on your 5th!! Parenting is definetely a blessing!!! I love being a mommy!
    mommyofone15

Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2011