Need to vent and my dd might have strep throat.

she is almost 6 She started with a fever of 100.2 on Thursday and throwing up then had a fever the next day of 102.6 and threw up one time. Today the temp is 99.0. She said her belly still hurts, and yesterday her throat hurt and she barely had a voice it didn't hurt to swollow. Now her throat hurts to swollow allthough her voice is back a little bit. My 3 year old now has a fever of 100.0 this morning. And I told SH he doesn't want me to make her a doctors appointment until Monday (they are open today until noon or at a diffrent location on Sunday). I don't want her to wait and be like this all weekend. He says it isn't that bad (the temp) I am not taking her for the temp I am taking her for her throat. So I am so mad that he would let hiskids be miserbale all weekend. I don't want her to wait until Monday she already missed 2 days of school and she wants to go back so badly. I have no way to take her since all my family is working, one friend I have has other plans and I don't drive. Sorry I am just pisswed. Maybe it isn't anything to worry about.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• i would take her. what is he going to do if you take her? I think when it comes to health better safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You know,if its strep it can be deadly if left untreated. Screw your husband,take them in!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• If you really think it's strep they should go today. That's contagious and tell dad HE could get it if they don't get on antibiotics. That might get his attention and get them to the doctor

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• if it's strep it needs to be treated as soon as possible. strep untreated is dangerous, esspecially in children. Follow your gut, and tell him to shove it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Why would he want them to wait? Is it because you can't get them to the doctor? If so, that makes sense - if you can't go, you can't go.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• if it's strep they need to go in. it can lead to rheumatic fever & other infections of the body if left untreated. strep throat is extremely painful and extremely contagious.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Ignore his opinion and take the kids to the doctor.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:49 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

no he can take them he has a car I can't take them I don't drive. That is because I think he doesn't want to have to take them and because his uncle is having a suprise birthday party today and his aunt wants him to come because his uncle is coming that my husband never met and my husband is 30. I don't know
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:51 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Well Strep throat hurts!! Do you have an urgent care center nearby? Some pharmacies have minute clinics that are pretty good too. CVS has one. They take all kinds of insurance with the regular co-pay. You should check it out and go. Do not let strep throat go to long. Otherwise have them gargle with warm salt water and give IBprophen until Monday. You can also call your children's pediatrician on call service and the Dr. may be able to call something in to soothe the pain until Monday....but they will most likely have to you go to a urgent care center. Some Dr.s also see patients on Saturday so do not wait to call because sometimes the close around 12 noon. Be sure and ask when your Dr. calls you back.
    Don't be to uspet with your husband because if you do not have these places available then there really is nothing you can do until Monday..besides salt water and pain medicine. feel better
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:51 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yes my doctor is open until noon. They also have a diffrent location you can go to on sundays to be seen but he wants me to wait to see how they are monday because he says that it isn't that big of a deal because there temp is low I said yes, but if it is strep they need to be seen, but he says that I worry to much that they are and will be fine. I am also pregnant so I am also emotional right now because he wont take them but maybe it isn't that big of a deal.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2011