The 'why' stage

is your 3 yr old in the 'why' stage...or the 'whats that' stage yet lol i have a two yr old thats full swing into the 'no' stage...ever question or statemnt is answere with NO....with my 3 yr old though every question or statement is answered with why mommy or whats that mommy or even whos that whats her name (this pertains to everyone from tv personalities to a picture on the wall)
dont get em wrong...i love how curious she is...by really does she have to ask why mommy has to pee lol or what the cashiers name is everytime we go to the store lol

LadyOsgood

Asked by LadyOsgood at 11:34 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Sounds like my 4 year old. Only her's is more of the do I HAVE to? why. And the MOUTH! ugh! that girl is mouthier than any teen I know.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Sounds like mine, only I get mom I don't want to. And my 3 year old daughter is as bad as a teenager lol.And yes she has to ask what everything is, I'm glad she's curious but it gets annoying sometimes, my son is almost 5 and is finally getting out of that stage.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• my dd is all into the "why" stage. and "whats their name?" its awesome that she is inquisitive, but goodness gracious is it driving me bonkers!! and most of the time when i ask her to do something i get "i dont WANT to!!"
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 1:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Not all "why's" are true questions! After a few real questions, kids often turn it into a game just to get the attention of someone answering them. The more frustrated or annoyed you look, the more they like it! Lots of power for them! If you know that they know the answer, just ask them the question after they ask you. That usually gets them bored enough to stop! I work with lots of children and parents and this is usually very successful! If it doesn't work and you know that they aren't asking anything they don't know the answer to, then just ignore the question. That definitely works!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:41 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• haha my son does the same thing ,. what his name .. why why whyw hy .. i tell him i dunno ask daddy lol
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 6, 2011