Terminating my parental rights (part 2)

In reaching out to his father, I've received no additional help b/c he works 2 jobs. I really need my son away from me for a lil bit. My son embarasses me on the train, bus, in public. I'm upset with him and don't know what to do. Seriously. Please.....positive and helpful suggestions only.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• To me it sounds like you need a break, but not permanently. Your son is probably acting out because of #1 his age and #2 he probably still does not fully grasp the concept of why mommy and daddy aren't together. Acting out is a behavior that all divorced/seperated parents are faced with, and in most cases your child will continue to act out throughout his teen years.

Does that mean you should give up your rights as his mother? No. It means you should be supportive and understanding of your son. No one said it would be easy having a child, but it is a decision that you chose to make, and now because it is a little rough you want to turn away? I think you need to talk to someone, maybe a family member who can take him for a week or so, so you can get your feelings figured out. Having him gone for so long may give you a wake up call to how it may feel to have him gone forever.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Ok I must have missed something here. You want to terminate your rights as a parent because your son is acting out? Please if I missed something let me know because I am a little more then shocked right now.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• See original post at 231p...page #2
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• http://www.cafemom.com/answers/76030/Terminating_my_parental_rights_is_a_thought_Ive_had_for_some_time_now?cat_id=21

That is the link to the original post.

CarolynBarnett

• Sorry that should read. DO NOT EVER SIGN AWAY YOUR PARENTAL RIGHTS!!
    Anonymous