Is your life what you thought it would be 15 years ago?

This may be for the older 30 crowd

15 years ago I was happily married to my high school sweetheart, living in a Suburb of Denver, pregnant with my 4th (and what I planned) final child. I was going to be married forever to this man who had loved me since I was 17 and had been a friend since I was 13 and met in So. Calif. on a church beach trip. I was a busy SAHM.

15 years later, I am living in a tiny country town in Arkansas, remarried to a VERY southern man (as opposed to the very southern California man I WAS married to), I had 2 more kids and gained 3 step kids. I work full time and have to divide my loyalty between my family and my company. I am now a grammy with 3 grandbabies and 2 more on the way.

Not in a million years could I have imagined this life. How about you?

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• 15 years ago, I had just lost my DH to a sudden heart attack, left with two sons and a restuarant and no life insurance and a pile of bills. Today I am married to the second love of my life-my kids are grown and so are his. We're retired and life is better than I ever could have imagined 15 years ago.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Well, fifteen years ago, I was 15. I would have told you I wouldn't live to be 21 because I felt ther was no way I would ever be able to be responsible or self sufficient enough to ever be on my own. I had poor grades even thought I tried hard, I felt I had no usable skills and I had no friends to speak of. I was certain God would take me before I was old enough to be required to be on my own.

15 years later I am married with 2 kids and have had the same job that I really like for the past 11. Though I am not living in the lap of luxury by any means I am currently more self sufficient with the help of my DH, that I never thought I would have, than I ever thought I would be. TImes are hard right now and I will be the first to tell you I am scared but I think it will be okay in the end...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• 15 yrs ago I was a newly wed (married only 3 yrs) sahm of a 1 yr old. trying to get pg with my second. I would NEVER have imagined we would live in such a fancy home nor would I have imagined my hubs would have started his own firm and have 2 offices and about 65 employees. I would also never have imagined that I would be into running and have done 2 marathons, half a dozen half marathons and even more small races. I never would have imagined that I would have been interviewed by the Today show or have a club of 100 ladies who are as adventurous as myself.

so no.... I never would have imagined where I am today.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'm 30 later this year. So 15 yrs ago I was 15. ... I had babies on the brain BAD and just anxiety of would I find a husband, etc. I certainly assumed I'd have spent alot more time in college.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Noway!!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:45 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I have been a single mom for almost 8 yrs, never could have invisioned this. Or that I could do it.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:47 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• No, I was going to travel the world, and not even be married yet, I'm stationary and married with 2 kiddos lol, this works too
    tirelessefforts

Answer by tirelessefforts at 11:50 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• 15, years ago I was only 9. lol
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:55 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• nope

Answer by admckenzie at 11:56 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Lets see 15 years ago I was about 14 so no. I always though I would be done with school and own a house before I had kids. Now I have two with another one on the way and still no closer to having a career or a house then I was then.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2011