Am I the only one that washes 1/2-3/4 of the sauce OFF of Chef Boyardee.

My DH makes dun of me because I wash off most of the sauce and then toss it together before heating and serving on the days we eat it for a quick lunch. But they put like 3 tons of sauce in it! lol. It doesn't *need* that much! He says I am washing of the vegetables but I say who cares I serve it with a veggie and fruit! Anyone else do this or is it that weird?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 12:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I just leave it on, there is alot but my kids will end up drinking the rest.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• haha, too cute! My kids wont eat it, but I totally understand what your saying!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I do it otherwise my kids will have sauce everywhere.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My son doesn't eat it anymore (thank God)! Hate the way it smells!
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i don't, but that is a good way to reduce the sodium intake! chef boyardee is sodium in a can LOL we use it for quick lunches here & there also.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I don't "rinse" it off - but on the rare occasions I make them ravioli's in a can or spaghetti-o's I use a (not slotted; but holes) spoon and shake off a lot of the sauce before putting the pasta in their bowls.
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Hadn't thought of doing that, but theres always sauce left over in the bowl when they finish.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I stopped buying it , too heavy on salt.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 2:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I eat a slice of bread with it to dip up the sauce. My kids like doing that too. But we so seldom eat it!
    Anonymous

• I have never had it, I can not bring myself to buy it, I heard it smells like barf when you open the can
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 6:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2011