Has anyone seen "Our America" with Lisa Ling on OWN?

One of the episodes was about sexual offenders and where they live after getting out of prison. Some arew forced to live in quasi-refugee camps in the woods. They live out of cars and tents because there is no safe place for them to live that is away from kids. One of the guys,who molested his GF's 4 and 6 yr old kids,has a new wife,and a new baby. She visits him during the day,and goes home at night.
My sister is married to one of these types of guys. She chooses to live in the tent with him yearrround in WA state. I'm sure you can imagine why I haven't spoken to my sister in 20 years. He's an offender who doesn't care about age. he's raped or molested many girls and women from age 3(my cousin Mandy) up to a woman of 43. I'm sure if hell exists,he's has a room reserved!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I have not seen that show. This is actually the first I have heard of it.

However. I do know that there are sex offenders who do live that way. I know for a fact that here in Portland, there are sex offenders who have "Water Front Park", "Old Town", and "The Park Blocks" listed as their addresses (with the county/parole officers etc..) because they are essentially living on the streets. So these are the places that they are most likely to camp out or be found.  Makes it very hard to keep track of them and make sure they are not out offending once again. This is one of the reasons why I left Social Services soon after being transferred to dealing with Sex Offenders. The system is broken, useless in many cases, frustrating to work in, and needs some serious overhauling in many areas.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I echo exactly what proudmom just said
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i tried watching it but cant get into it. Im still mad discovery health turned into OWN wtf!
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I am still mourning the loss of DHC. boo hoo hoo
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'm starting to think that no one is actually reading the question...

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• your question was have i seen "our america" with lisa ling. My answer was yes but i couldnt get into it. i further more added Im mad that OWN took over discovery health. how is that not reading and answering your question?
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• im not trying to be mean i just understand how you think nobody is reading your question...
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2011