Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 Bumps

Should i call my doctor adult content

I was just wondering if this is normal or should i call my doctor.

Yesterday morning i woke up with cramping and when i went the bath room i noticed that i had a very dark brown discharge like it was old blood. I'm still cramping and i still have the discharge. And a few weeks ago i was in the ER because i was bleeding so much. But I was told that it was because i had a blood clot on my cervix. Now i'm about 17 weeks pregnant and i really don't feel so good. I'm dizzy.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

Answers (10)
  • yes, definitely call. good luck *hugs*

    Answer by tnm786 at 12:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

  • yes, you need to go in.

    Answer by jenn4443 at 12:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

  • Whenever you have a question about calling your doctor, don't hesitate, just call them.

    Answer by MathairMeg at 12:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

  • Call a doctor NOW! It may well be nothing, but when your pregnant it's much better to get everything checked out just in case. I had bad cramping when I was 16 weeks pregnant, and after my boyfriends constant nagging I did phone NHS out of hours who asked me to go into hospital to be checked. It was just a muscle cramp, nothing else wrong at all, now I have a healthy 6 week old baby boy. I know my situation is way different that yours but all I'm saying is when your pregnant your allowed to be 'over cautious'.

    Answer by kylie_bob at 12:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

  • Generally speaking brown discharge, old blood, is fairly normal and not something to be concerned about. Feeling dizzy is also pretty common during pregnancy. Are you drinking plenty of water and get a good amount of protein?

    I think it's unlike that there is anything wrong but if it will ease your mind then go to the dr. Constantly worrying won't help anything. In the mean time rest drink lots of water and eat something high in protein.

    Answer by jupiter84 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

  • Check your blood pressure! I know when mine was really high I felt dizzy. I'd call the doctor. It's probably nothing but at least going will ease your mind.

    Answer by KJohnson4762 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

  • Go in their going to tell you to anyway.

    Answer by Unique11 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

  • Yes for sure call!!

    Answer by Courtney408 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

  • I called my doctor and they told me to go in to see them and come to find out what was going on was i was passing a blood clot.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

  • i always like to say that if you feel like you need to ask to call a dr then call a are always much better safe than sorry and if it is concerning you enough to question calling then obviously your already thinking you definitely give the dr a call

    Answer by ahsot1230 at 2:29 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
Should i be concerned? adult content

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
Baby squinching face up