When did your baby start teething?

how do you know when baby teething? Does the front one comes forst? How do u calm them?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you will see or be able to feel it through their gums. biggest signs are excessive drooling, clear runny noses, low-grade fever, irritability, loss of appetite, and sometimes diarrhea.

the front ones come first, and it can either be on the top or bottom. my go-to teething remedies were something cold to chew on, like a cold washcloth, or a mesh feeder with ice in it. tylenol or motrin can take the edge off. orajel, hyland's teething tablets.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• oh and my 3 started teething around 7-8 months.
    tnm786

• and one more thing.. lol sorry.. motrin is only for babies 6+ months.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• 14 months

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My son cut his first teeth at 4 months old. It was the bottom two in the front. My daughter cut her first tooth at 11months. Hers was the bottom her left tooth.

Signs of teething: extra cranky, extra drool (by the bucket), chews on everything, change in appetite, possible mucus in the diaper, possible low grade fever.

Ways to help: chillled/frozen teething toys (my son hated them cold though, my daughter just hated them), frozen peach slices in one of those little net things, baby oragel for pain, rubbing the sore spot with a fingertip (the counter pressure is like heaven to a baby), anything and everything that is safe for baby to chew on.

Be prepared to have super slobbery fingers/hands. My kids, and my nieces/nephews, favorite thing to chew on while teething were/are my knuckles.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• sometimes it is hard to tell they are even teething. My oldest started at 3 months, but that was cause I felt it how I new. But other than that I didn't know I mean she drooled, but no diarehea, no fevers, no fussyness, nothing at all the only time she complained and had a low grade fever was with her molars at 2 years. My youngest on the other hand was fussy, she drooled. Every single time she started getting a tooth she would get a low fever with diarehea a runny nose she got it all when she was teething lol. I just gave her things to chew on like teething rings from the fridge, popcycycles, anything that would calm her down she started I think at 4 months. I gave her tylenol I didn't use orgel because it didn't work.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My two oldest were both around 8-9 months. Frozen teething rings baby oragel, sometimes babytylenol to help them sleep. Thats what zi used. Ill be going through this again shortly as I have a 2 month old.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2011