School question

My sd is not the very best in school. She is only seven but it doesnt seem to really matter to her. how do we make her care?

katcb1019

Asked by katcb1019 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I agree with skittles...however, my middle son (8) had undelying learning problem...so make sure that you are not mistaking not careing with something else that may be going on. I know that if my son doesn't get something or if it's too hard for him, he acts like he doesn't care and just shuts down.
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 1:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You can't make her care, but you can hold her accountable for her actions. Speak with her teacher about the expectations you all have for her and the consequences when she does not meet those expectations. Keep in mind that all kids are different and don't all have the same behaviors. She may need some personal modifications to the work and classroom management techniques that the teacher uses.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• What does she really care about? Perhaps you can link a reward for that if she does better in school.

Something to consider though is whether or not she's doing her best even if she is not the very best in school.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 1:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2011