What are YOU doing to help rebuild this country?

People whine and whine about Obama not doing anything to change the state of the country, but what are YOU doing to change it? It doesn't take just ONE PERSON to change it. You have to change it too. So what are you doing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• 1) giving as much as we can.
    2) shopping as much as I can. -This sounds funny, but the best way to stimulate the economy is to put real money into it.
    3) not living outside of our means
    4) encouraging our representatives in a weekly update to be fiscally responsible.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• oh, and a footnote to number two-that means responsible buying. Not crap made in China.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I earn my paycheck, pay my bills and don't expect the government to bail me out.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Keeping informed...and voting accordingly. Sorry, I am NOT stimulating the economy by buying...I'm taking a page out of the RC's text book...I'm holding on and watching my portfolio even more closely We have doubled our donations( mainly to the poor, disenfranchised, abused and families in need). Education donations remain the same, until I am no longer battling rising tuition costs.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I earn my paycheck

===

You get to earn your paycheck. Some people can't even find work to be able to do that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I earn my paycheck

===

=========

EXACTLY.
    Anonymous

• Well, I did not run for President on a platform of hope and change so I am not so sure if I am as responsible for the rebuilding as Obama is BUT- I am spending more locally and giving what I can to those that are effected by job loss-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 1:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

===

This country was founded by people who WANTED CHANGE and WANTED FREEDOM. It wasn't just inspired by one man in power, it was inspired by thousands of people who needed a revolution. If you want hope and if you want change you're going to have to get your hands dirty and help. You can't just sit there and expect Obama to work miracles. He talked about hope and change in his speech because he was hoping to motivate people to start working effortlessly to help make those changes a reality.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• OP- I don't expect him to do it alone and I think the vast majority of the US citizens are indeed doing their part- what people are looking for is for him to do his-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 2:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• He's tried. No one is giving him the chance!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2011