im worried my daughter refuse take luqiud medication from dr

i try many different ways to give her medication theres two one cephalexin and one to help her sleep cause she has bad eczema and itches so bad and has dry and bumps everytiume i try she spit out would it be safe to mix it with fluid in bottle amd let her drink it and not knowing it? like milk or juice? also r those medication safe shes 2 and weighs 38

RICHELLEXOXO

Asked by RICHELLEXOXO at 9:48 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son has never had a problem taking medicine but i would talk to your doctor about this one. i think mixing it with water would be fine, i dont see any harm and i have dont it a few times.
    annak4404

Answer by annak4404 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• thanks i tried that too she can tatse the medicine which sucks cause she has to have 2 tsp which is a lot to get her to swallow making me crazy
    RICHELLEXOXO

Answer by RICHELLEXOXO at 10:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I saw a bottle, with a medicine dispenser inside it. So I think you squeeze it as she drinks to make sure she gets it all. So as long as the Dr. Okays the mix, I know there is a delivery system.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 10:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• If you have a Dropper, try giving it to her near her cheeks.
    Anonymous

• Please read Green for life by Victoria Boutenko!
    Geneie

Answer by Geneie at 11:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Call your pharmacist where you got the medications and ask them. They would know for sure if it is safe to mix with juice or milk. They can also give you usefull suggestions on how to get the medication into a child who likes to spit it out.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:13 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• My oldest was like that. I literally had to pin him down. I know it seems negative but it had to be done. I love using those droppers you squeeze the end of it and the medicine comes out. I take the dropper and hold my childs cheeks and put the dropper into the corner of the mouth towards the back of the mouth and squirt it in. I know mean but it works. Im sorry to hear that your baby has eczema. I used to have it psoriasis and now it is gone buy shopping for safer stuff..it has also helped many others with eczema. I hope this helps you some.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:02 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Ask your doctor if they can be mixed with liquids like juice. Some medicines can be, some can't. Ask and be safe.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Depending on the age of the child..as infants I used to put it in their mouths and then blow in their face. It makes them swallow by instinct. Dunno werked fer me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• no because she may not get all the medication and it will be diluted and not work as well. The best thing to do is lay her down, squirt the med in her mouth and blow in her face. It sounds bad but works like a charm, no harm done.
    tfmmpmmdmmom

Answer by tfmmpmmdmmom at 11:55 AM on Jul. 9, 2008