FREAKING OUT please help!!!!! adult content

I was a young mom, my son is 16 (almost 17) and I am 33, you do the math. I just found a msg on my son's facebook that he left open on our computer. It was him and his girlfriend talking about how much they want to have a baby together. She said she is so glad that she got off the pill and he doesn't use condoms anymore then they talked about how they did it yesterday and it was the right time for her to get pregnant and he came inside her twice. I knew they were having sex, I talked to him about condoms and being respectful to women. I don't know what to do , I know I have to talk to him about it but where do I start? He is graduating in 2 months and is going into the Marines but she is still a Junior in high school and I know her parents would FLIP if she got pregnant while still in high school. I am in such a daze right now, I thought at this age they did everything they could not to get pregnant

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Give him "the talk" again.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 1:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Go talk to her parents about it. See if they can put her on that shot BC or something. I guess you need to talk to your son again.

Answer by louise2 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I have heard of teen girls trying to get pregnant but do the teen boys usually go along with it? I have never heard of that one
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'd tell him how hard things were for you. How it made your life that much more difficult. Let him know what would happen if he did get her pregnant, show him videos of the birth, if they offer ' baby think it over' at his school, tell him you think it'd be a good idea for both him and his gf to take it, just so they would be prepared if anything happened. Take him down the baby aisle and let him see how much stuff costs. Give him a wake up call....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would sit him down for a real heart to heart talk. He personally knows first hand how hard it was for you being so young & having a child. Make him relate & remember how hard it was. Say he will be a Man soon & he deserves everything good life has to offer before he settles down. He will be traveling the world and seeing and experienceing everything New. He can still date her but he never knows what is waiting for him out in the world if he ties himself down now. He may marry her some day or not. let him be a Man and control his situation & future & he will talk recautions with her. If she loves him, she will wait for him. Tell him all this & good luck.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• you should definitely tell her parents so they could intervene. you should also talk to your son again.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• In this situation I would contact her parents.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Don't listen to Louise.

I am in a situation like this. JUST GIVE THE TALK AGAIN, SERIOUSLY.
    EXACTLY what I did-- and even supplied condoms. GL
    Anonymous

• DON'T CONTACT HER PARENTS ~~ THEY WILL DO IT TO REBEL IF YOU DO THAT!
    Anonymous

• yes, guys will go along with it. That is how my oldest step sister was born. My Step father was leaving for the army and he and his girlfriend came up with the idea that if she got pregnant, her parents would consent for her to marry him (she was 16, he was 18) and then she could go with him. It worked.
    The fact that he is leaving for the military could be one of the factors in this.
    You need to talk to her parents and to him. While it sounds romantic, it most likely will not be.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2011