MY SON WILL BE 4 NEXT MONTH.....WHEN DO NAPS USUALLY STOP ?

SANDYCAT

Asked by SANDYCAT at 1:48 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my daughter is 4, turning 5 in october and is taking a nap right now. i say as long as the child still wants & benefits from a nap, continue them. when they start school they probably wont get naps anymore since they wont get home til close to 3.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My Son is 4 & still naps every day for 2 hours. He is like a little rocket & really needs his nap to recharge.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:54 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My son will be 3 next Friedan, and doesn't take naps any more. He stopped around 2 and 1/2 years, it works for him. I think as long as your son is going to bed at a decent time, and is waking up at a decent time, I say let him take his naps, if it works for you and him, then that's all that matters
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My son stopped around 2 1/2.
    He wont nap during the day anymore but he will have "quiet time" when his sister(18months) is napping. He gets curled up with a blanket and a snack with the lights off and watches a movie.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• THANK YOU EVERYONE...............JUST CURIOUS.
    SANDYCAT

Comment by SANDYCAT (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I just asked this a few days ago, and the impression I got is that some stop as early as two, but every child's needs are different. Mine is 5 1/2 and she NEEDS a nap, or she will get cranky and terrible around dinner time. My youngest is 2, but will fall asleep standing up at nap time if I don't lay her down.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• you know omethimg momma, Really whenever ypu want them to stop because when your kids or if your kid goes to a nusery (daycare) or is about to start pre k school soon. they are going to have to take naps. so you might want to let him contine you take naps so teacher wont have a promblem with your kid at nap time.... Then on the other hand my only reason to want to stop nap time is so at nght my littlers buggers can go to bed early... Lmao.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 11:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My kids always took naps. I think it might have ended for my oldest when she was around 10 or 11 and my youngest (who is now 16) still enjoys a good nap if she's not too busy.
    taximom42

Answer by taximom42 at 2:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• my son will be 4 in April and he stills takes naps but I believe they will probably stop once he starts school in the fall; just will have an earlier bedtime
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Most kids have stopped napping at this age, but some still need the sleep. If he's not having a problem with going to bed too late let him sleep! As long as you have the naps gone a few months before Kindergarten starts you'll be fine!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 10:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2011