WYR have one child..

Have one child that you can give everything to, care for without a struggle, and offer the best opportunities for him/her...
Or
Have 2 children, struggle everyday, and only be able to give them so-so lives and not even close to the great opportunities you would have had with only one?

Mme.Langley

Asked by Mme.Langley at 2:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in

• I always felt that one child was not enough!!! They needed another child to learn to socialize, share, settle disputes as Christians, etc. I have 3 and I don't regret it at all!!! My second son potty trained quicker than my first son because my 1st son showed him how. My dtr also potty trained sooner than normal, and no not by watching her brothers!!! The 2nd son and dtr learned to read, write, math, etc sooner than my fisrt son because he helped them with it. My children had everything they needed and most everything they wanted. We were not going to give them everything they wanted because they needed to save their allowance and buy it on their own!!!!
    God Bless, Billie Mae
    jesussaves58

Answer by jesussaves58 at 2:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Truthfully. I wish I would have stoped a one. This is looking back at it. They are both grown now.

Answer by louise2 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• 1. Why should my child have to suffer because of my selfishness to have more than one child?!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:02 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think it depends on alot of different circumstances. Personally I want a girl & then I'm most likely done. I might end up being done with just my boy if my income never gets high enough to support 2 kids (I'm a single mom). So I guess I'd rather have 1 to give everything to.
    xJasonsMommyx

Answer by xJasonsMommyx at 2:03 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Took several tries to have the one!!!
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Thanks for your opinions ladies! I was just thinking about it because i recently had a talk with my MIL about it. I told her that i would rather have only one, and be able to travel with DD, send her to the best schools, be able to give her very own room, thanhave another one and take all of that away from DD.
    I just wanted to see what other moms thought of this...
    Any and all opinions are welcome.
    Thanks :)
    Mme.Langley

Comment by Mme.Langley (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• im sorry but i think its a bit of a generalization to say that having more than one kid then they will have so-so lives. i have 3, and yes we struggle very hard financially. but you wouldn't know it at all from the outside looking in, and the kids definitely don't. they each have plenty of toys & clothes, and my oldest even has her own room. we go on family trips to the beach, aquarium, zoo, etc.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yes i was making a generalization... Thats the point of the question...
    Mme.Langley

Comment by Mme.Langley (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yes, but then in your answer to the post you made it seem like this is how you truly feel about having more than one child. if it is thats fine. im just giving you my perspective.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yes. I know where i stand on the issue. But i was wondering how other women felt... Thats why i said all opinions are welcome.
    Mme.Langley

Comment by Mme.Langley (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2011