Would you Rally for oil drilling in the U.S.A, knowing that doing so, would help prices in , food, clothing and gas significantly go down, not to mention create millions of jobs in the U.S.A?

Obama Faces Bipartisan Criticism on Energy Policies

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/04/obama-faces-bipartisan-criticism-energy-policies/

AS THE CRISIS IN THE MIDDLE EAST PROLONGS WE CANNOT DE DEPENDENT ON THEM, PLUS OUR MONEY ALLOWS THEM TO BUY MORE WEAPONS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't know much about this subject, but why wouldn't we use our own oil?? Is it only ok, to go to another country and take their oil??
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Drill, baby drill
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• If it were up to me, we'd be drilling our own oil. The less America spends for ME oil, the better off the entire world would be.

Of course, if it were up to me, I'd push for everything that would bring all of our manufacturing capabilities and jobs as well (starting with dumping a few treaties and then taxing the living tar out of 'American' companies importing their goods/components/outsourcing their workers).

I honestly consider the US as a third world (in capabilities and productivity) consumer dump. That's a huge step down from the industrial leader we were, and a loss that is going to bite us if it isn't fixed.

Drilling our own oil instead of buying it from our enemies is only a part of the bigger mess imo.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• We should be drilling - but it's not going to solve all those problems. No matter how much oil you drill, there is a bottleneck at refining. You can't really increase supply unless you build more refineries, which NOBODY wants in their back yard. Also, the reason we sell our oil overseas and import is because we sell to people who pay more than we pay to import it, and you cannot require private companies to sell it here for a loss.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• We may have no choice. Can you imagine the regs? At the same time, I would hope that we would be advancing research towards more renewable energy sources and production. Otherwise, ITA with Farmlady's comment.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:20 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yes of course I would rally on the idea to do so. Not to drill is really stupid.

Answer by gemgem at 2:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• To an extent. Increasing our drilling would mean increasing the risk of jeopardizing the sea and the sea life that is in it. Not to mention the many jobs that depend on the ocean. Shrimper, fishermen, hotels and spas plus everyone who works in the hotels and spas... We are talking about our tourism ratings and profits. Who wants to look out there 4 star hotel window look over the ocean and see an oil rig in the distance. Then there is that one random act of negligence or a big storm is all it would take to once again fill the ocean with oil cutting off thousands of jobs until it is cleaned up, which we will have to pay for. We may create jobs until the rigs are built but then there will be less of a need for people to maintain them. IMO they should be pushing the sale of Hybrid cars so we use less fuel and no longer havr the need to set up drills form Florida to California. Maybe just a few.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:29 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Drill, baby drill
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Don't know why mine went on like that twice.

Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Although i think the job and economic aspect would be great, it would only be temporary. We should focus on finding alternative sources for energy..
    And i would not be happy if they drilled anywhere near my home. I wouldnt want that in my neighborhood.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2011