Question about my appt....

Ok so I went to the doctor yesterday for my normal check up. I am 31 wks! I am measuring at 33wks and he said he is estimating the baby weight at 5lbs right now!! SO all I heard was big baby and was too shocked to really think. Do you think she will come early?? Could my due date be wrong?? Anybody have this happen to them?
Thanks,
Shawna

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• PS-> First pregnancy
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Its only an estimate. You won't know for sure til the baby is born. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• They were right on with estimates for me at 35-36 weeks I was measuring 41 weeks! They did several ultrasounds to determine weight and for me they were right on! I had my son at 36 weeks 3 days and he was 8 lbs. 10 oz. they estimated him at 5 lbs. at my 20 something weeks I wouldn't be too concerned or think about it too much
    zionsmom1

Answer by zionsmom1 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• i wouldnt worry about it maybe your due date is off alittle bit but after all the are just a estimated guess any where between 38wks to 42 is normal. You may just be having a big baby thats all. you wont know till baby gets here and u/s weights can be very wrong. they told me with my son at 37wks he was on the small side and was probably only going to be about 6lbs he was 8lbs 9.5 and was born at 38wwks. so dont worry enjoy the rest of your pregnancy get sleep cuz its soon to be over.
    Anonymous

• I always measured two weeks ahead...and I ended up with a 9 lb 4 oz-er! They had thought three days beforehand that he was about 7 1/2 to 8 pounds, so in my case the measurements were right! Remember, though, the size of your uterus is just the size of the house, not the tenant, so it really doesn't pertain much to when baby will be born or how big baby will be.

Oh, and my guy was five days late. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• listen sister. normally i weigh 125 pounds but when i was pregnant i gained 70 pounds!!! it is possible that you due date is wrong but probably not. the baby might come a little early but i'm sure everything will be fine. some babies are just bigger.
    Anonymous