Do you think the Big 3 come December will have a plan how they are going to spend the money if they get it?

I'm glad they sent them packing, come on they need to have a plan and then still get turned away in my opinion. Chapter 11 is the only option they should have, period. I'm sorry to keep beating this dead horse but I'm in the business and I don't believe it is going to help.

SheriSanchez

Asked by SheriSanchez at 3:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not in favor of the bailouts. Period. The big 3 need to restructure and get rid of some of the benefits that they enjoy. Such as the private jets, vacations spots, bonuses, etc. etc. etc. I have a hard time with anybody that earns the kind of money that they do and had the stupid answers to questions they had for Congress. It is wrong for the mom and pop business to have to go under while these fat cats sit on golden thrones to take a crap!!!!!!!! If the government wants to give away money, give it to the people that need it the most and where it will do the most good. If this money was never made available in the 1st place they would not all be heading to washington for a piece of the pie.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 6:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I don't think they will I think they will just demand it and I think our congress is going to finally listen to us and say so sorry get the plan.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 3:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I thought that GM actually had a business model and the other two had nothing? I could be wrong (can't remember what news station I was listening to). I have only been paying attention to Fox, but DH loves to 'click', so sometimes I get snippits from some of the MSM.

I can't believe that anyone showed up without having a clear plan on what they intend to do. Shows how much they think they have the politicians in their pocket, doesn't it?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Halleluja foreverb3 it's time to "Beach these whales".
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I have very mixed feelings about this. On one hand I think that it is a great idea.... homosexuals can still serve this great country and not have to fear what their peers are thinking or even worse (and we all know this has happened) them being ganged up on and seriously injured or killed. Then at the same time I think that it is really sad that homosexuals should have to stay quite... Should they really have to "stay in the closet" to be able to serve this country?

The fact is that these soldiers have to go through a lot together. They have to be united and work side by side with one another. And when you throw something uncomfortable into the mix (and for some,,,, Yes, a homosexual sleeping in the next bunk is uncomfortable) well...... by allowing this kind of unease could be detremental to thier well being as a group. But that is jmo...
    Anonymous

• bush wants the bail out.
    "The Bush administration sharply criticized the Democrats for departing Washington for a congressional recess without acting on a rescue for the car makers."
    "Bush said in his Saturday radio address, taped Friday and released early by the White House. "My position is clear: If the automakers are willing to make the hard decisions needed to become viable, they should be able to receive the funds Congress already allotted to them for other purposes."

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:35 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• "Democratic leaders ordered Detroit's Big Three automakers Friday to submit what amounts to a detailed loan application to Congress so lawmakers can decide whether to give the beleaguered industry an emergency $25 billion lifeline."

"The Democrats also called on the automakers to show how they would ensure that the government would be reimbursed and share in future profits, eliminate dividends and lavish executive pay packages, meet fuel-efficiency standards, and address their health care and pension obligations to workers if they got the federal help."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081122/ap_on_go_co/congress_autos;_ylt=Ap9FMna2oITNO7pCHxNPiX3LLJ94
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:37 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Sheri, now you're quoting the NYTimes!?! You HAVE turned to the dark side. Welcome. Now, you must eat a baby.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 4:56 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• This whole stupid bailout wasn't even meant for private business. Big three need to file Chapter 11, get rid of the union contracts that are costing millions in overpaid salaries, remodel their business plan, get rid of the gas guzzlers and start building the cars the Americans are actually buying these days. They need to learn from their mistakes and if they are given cash to just pay off their debt, what are they learning? To arrive in Washington in three separate private corporate jets to ask for a hand out because they've failed to run a successful business is a slap in the face to the American people.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 9:04 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• My position is clear: If the automakers are willing to make the hard decisions needed to become viable, they should be able to receive the funds Congress already allotted to them for other purposes."

My impression was that they were looking for more money than what was originally allotted to them, and they showed up without business models to show how they intend to use those funds (at least two of the three showed up empty handed). They are arrogant and don't care that you and I have to pay for what they have. Why are we not screaming 'GREEDY" at them? Man, a couple weeks ago you couldn't come on this site and say you didn't think it was right for your taxes to go up without being called greedy, but it's okay if you are an auto company?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:56 AM on Nov. 22, 2008