Moving with a 2 year old. Tips???

In a few months my SO and i are getting our own place. Moving out of the house my son was raised in, is there anything I can do to ease the transition??
Tips for everything in this situation is appreciated :)) Thanks!

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 2:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Talk it up! Show him the new place and his room. show him the fun things in the area. The day of the move have him stay with a friend had try to have him room ready to go when he gets home. His room should be the last on packed and the first one unpacked. My poor son has moved 3 times in the last 6 years! he has done better than I expected every time!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:43 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• He will be ok. Is it smaller? Bigger? Just make sure to toddler proof the whole place. Other then that, night lights, gates if you have an upstairs. I put window stickers on our sliding glass door to the backyard too, to make sure the kids could see the glass. :)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• At age two, he should adjust easily. We moved from the home my son was born in when he was 19 months.

The biggest tip I can give you is to get a babysitter, or someone to watch him. My pediatrician told us that moving day is a huge cause of injuries to toddlers because of all the heavy furniture and boxes and everyone is usually busy, not paying as much attention to the baby as they should. So just be sure he is in a safe place. Take his toys to his new room and he will be happy as a clam I bet!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• He is small just turned 2 in January. into everything still!
    It will be to a 1 bedroom apartment so no stairs.

I dont plan on having him there while we move but i worry about him stressing as i pack in days before, and once we finally move im worried he will stress.
    He is very sensitive.
    My SO moved out 2 weeks ago for financial reasons and our son stopped eating well, stopped potty training, has speration anxiety.... he is doing better day by day but i am scared to see what happens when we all move.
    sassy_brizzy

Comment by sassy_brizzy (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Mar. 5, 2011