OMG my daycare provider sees my kids more than I do!!

I want everyone to go ahead and tell me how horrible I am so I can justify cutting back to part time even though our budget will totally suffer. As it stands with the drive I see my child for the drive to daycare and then for 2 hours before bed Mon-Fri. Then Sunday's she is in Sunday School and nursery for 2 hours. I see her 28 hours awake the daycare... 50 total! It's not fair! She's mine and I want to see her!Dh wants me to keep working full time because it would mean us moving to a smaller apt and giving up cable and stuff. What do you think? I'm right aren't I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I did exactly the same thing when my kids where small and it was the worst time in my entire life. I was depressed and miserable all the time. But we had a brand new house and a huge house payment. I missed,,,,so much. If you can swing it, and the difference is the apt size, go for it!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I would give up the Sunday stuff to spend more time with her.

I work and see mine about the same only I have to give her up to see her dad.

Honestly, I wouldn't treasure the time I had with her if I got to see her 10+ hours a day. The 3-4 hours before bed are precious along with the weekends.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You are right. I woud rather downsize than not be with my kids.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I cant imagine having to deal with that decision. The little boy I care for is with me more than he is with his mom and I feel horrible about it. It doesn't seem to bother her though. I watch him 5 days a week and honestly on my days off she'll ask if he can stay the night I couldn't imagine not seeing my baby, or not wanting to spend the free time I have with her.

ShaunaYve

Answer by ShaunaYve at 3:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• my best advice is to find a job you can do from home. That way you can still work & see your kids!
    xJasonsMommyx

Answer by xJasonsMommyx at 3:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I am in the same boat, but scaling back is not an option for my family (I earn more/have benefits). I am just trying to balance work/kids/and some time for just me. It is a hard balance, and everyday is a struggle. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I'd go without whatever I had to, just to keep my kid at home with me.  I'm lucky that I was able to do that, but the reality is that some poeple just cannot.  It's tough, it really is.  For me, I knew that I was not going to work after I had a baby.  Hubby agreed.  Some situations are beyond our control, but I would not have had a baby if I had to put him in daycare and work.  That, for me, doesn't make sense.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I am in the same boat but Im a single mom and can not go part time due to ill lose are heath insurance and I can not afford that. My son gets up at 6 am and we are at the babysitters by 635 then i get him after i get done with work around 330. but then its dinner time and bath time. we do read every night that makes it a nice time to find out how school went and what he learned about.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 4:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• you can never get the time you miss out on with your children. you can get cable and all the specials later. I went back when mine was 14 months and missed everthing. as long as you have a roof ,food and clean clothes thats all you need!!!
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 8:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2011