How to make new bed time stick!

So my son stayed up till midnight last night he was cranky or fussy mostly wanted to stay up and see daddy who gets hom about 10:45ish and then watched tv with him and played with his cars. He also went to be with no fight just went and layed down when we asked him too.

He didnt get up till almost 10 this morning which made it much easier for me to get up and get a few things around the hous done before my husband got up at 11.
On a normal day my sons up at about 7:30ish so im always got my hands full till hubby wakes up!

So how can I get this bed time to stick with out making major changes to his daily routne and mine?

myboysRmyhero

Asked by myboysRmyhero at 2:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• if he seems overtired before his new bedtime have him take a nap during the day. Otherwise it seems he may do it on his own with the promise that he gets to see daddy if he stays up & behaves. How old is he?
    xJasonsMommyx

Answer by xJasonsMommyx at 3:00 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Hes 2.5 and I was kinda thinking the nap thing b/c he actually took a 2hour nap yesturday which is odd for him he normaly wont take one at all!
    myboysRmyhero

Comment by myboysRmyhero (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You turn off the tv (baby sitter) & put him to bed. Read him a book. Or is that too hard?
    Anonymous