Parents of three yr olds only!!

are all 3 yr old kids just out of control.. hits, says no, just plain rude most of the time? I'm going insane from this? I need advice and others inputs and experiences with this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You have just described my daughter... I hope it is just a phase, b/c there are some days that she is just so difficult to deal with. I don't have any advise, just to let you know you are not alone.. I am right there too.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• No. I have a 3 year old daughter.  I am extremely strict on things like that.  It's not acceptable in my house and I don't tolerate behavior like that period.  Every child is different, what they can and can't understand, etc.  I am definitely lucky, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My son turned four a few months ago, but he was all those things you described! But my friends have 3 year olds who do not do that...just depends on the child I guess!
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 3:19 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My Son has very few 3 year old moments (He is THE most polite and well-behaved Kid), but I have heard that it's common for this age. I'm sure you're not alone..actually, I know you're not - a friend of mine has a 3 year old who is an absolute terror (her words). =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My toughest year as a parent ever was the year my older daughter was 3, and at that time she was my only child!

My twins are now 3 1/2 now. They are currently re-testing the limits, and experimenting with defiance, but they aren't out of control. We use the Love & Logic parenting approach with them, and it works pretty well for us.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My 4th child is 3 right now and none of them were that bad - sure, they all had their moments, but nothing to be worried about - not enough to be a problem.
    Anonymous

• I have a little boy that just turned 4, and yes, that definitely sounds like par for the course for a 2 or three year old. It will pass- just be consistent!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• my son says no to me all the time and other things also but we stay consistent with him and he gets punished when he talks back tells us no throws things etc. so no it isn't just your child and I am also hoping that this too shall pas
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:33 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• There are hours, even days when my 3 year old is a complete angel, and then there are other daysHe can have a major temper tantrum especially when we say no, annoys me like crazy, asks the same question over and over again to try to get a yes, and if I am firm he goes looking for Daddy for a second opinion, he is often in time out for not listening or doing something he knows better not to do. We nipped the hitting, we certainly take a pretty strict discipline approach and don't let him get away with these things, which of course leads to more and he attempts very often to boss me aroud like an evil dictator. If he says mommy give me juice right now, I make him repeat several times Mommy may I please have some juice before he gets it. We make him sit on the stairs around the corner out of our sight until he ends his outbursts. Sometimes I feel like I have only two choices: be the monster or raise a monster...
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:33 PM on Mar. 25, 2011