How much attention do you pay to what your kids eat?

Do they eat processed "chicken" nuggets? Kraft "cheese" slices? Drink Koolaid, eat "fruit" snacks. McDonalds "hamburgers"? Don't you feel bad by filling your kids with junk?? Laziness, cook your own food.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You judged us before we even got a chance to answer :( ha
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• We eat extremely healthy. I always think about the food we all eat. I worry about their future and health.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 5:01 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• you know I pay every bit of attention to what my kids eat....i feed them very well...no processed foods, no fast foods...and then i send them to school with good healthy lunches and they come home and say "we made applesauce today with brown sugar" or "it was Mr. Smith's birthday today so we had cake and ice cream" or whatever....and it's constant...! no matter how much i tell the school i don't allow candy, they keep giving it to them...it's really freaking annoying !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Judgmental much? Yep, my kids eat all of that 'junk' in moderation. I happen to cook dinner every single night and pack their lunches for school. But sure they have a frozen waffle for breakfast with some fruit and cookies after dinner every once in a while and Saturdays when we have to drive and hour to and from Therapy we sure do stop for a burger on the way home. And you know what? My kids are perfectly healthy. I know every thing that goes into their mouth. I am going to second that big cup of shut the hell up. '
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:53 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• How about you have a cup of shut the hell up.  Worry about what your own kids are eating.  Quit starting crap!

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• At this point and time in his life. I pay absolutely no attention to what he eats. I hope he is eating well, he was raised eating well and taught to eat well. However ultimately what he is eating is his own choice and I have no say in it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• just to add to my last post....i would love to "TREAT" my kids once in a while to ice cream...but I can't do that when the school keeps doling it out...it's no longer a treat when they get it all the time.
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• my kids don't eat those things. their weight and BMI is always on my mind. I'm overweight, my husband has diabetes. I care about their teeth, livers, bodies, ect. They get the ideal amount of fat, calories burned, iron, protein, etc daily. Cake is for birthday parties. Soda and koolaid are drinks they can buy with their own money once they're no longer in my care. Mcdonalds is our fave drive thru for emergencies, road trips, etc (100% apple juice, white milk, and apple slices) they don't know caramel sauce exists, find processed chicken texturely unappealing and most fried things are too salty for their palates. they were raised to like to chew food and have crunch from whole foods. most processed things require no chewing. I agree koolaid and mcDs , fake cheese and fake fruit is laziness. also fruit snacks (along with white bread) are the WORST things for kids teeth
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Oh and I laughed when I typed that.  My sense of humor is strange.  I feed my kids junk.  Have absolutely no problem with it.  They eat the good stuff, they eat the junk.  Moderation and balance.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My dd eats fairly well she LOVES fruits and veggies and I bolster this healthy eating with Juice Plus. www.spiceoflifemekajuiceplus.com
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 3:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2011