How would you handle this? (dh yelling at you)

What do you do when you minding your business and your dh yells at you for not understanding something at that moment? I hate when does this he pretty much yelled and startled me and naturally it hurt my feelings slowly I began to cry...I hate that I am that sensitive...he says why don't I grow me a pair and suck it up...TRUE but I am not made out of a hard ass like he is that jerk. And instead of apologizing he talks to me like it was no big deal he tried to make small talk I just ignored him...I know I will be myself later but damn I hate him being this way then again I wish I was a hard ass to him for once but I can't :(
Sing the wimp :(
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I would tell my dh that it was impossible for me to grow a pair and that every time he yells at me he is destroying our relationship.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My husband raised his voice the other day, not exactly yelling, just a slight raise but I started crying.  I couldn't help it, it hurt my feelings.  He apologized.  Being able to scream doesn't make someone a "hard ass" it simply means they have emotional outbursts like a freaking 2 year old.  Not acceptable. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• My husband doesn't yell at me.

Based solely on what little you have shared here. It seems that the two of you have very poor communication between the two of you. It seems as if the two of you really do not know how to communicate to one another in a manner in which: both fully understand/comprehend what is being shared, both of you have issues communicating in a manner that doesn't become to emotional and volatile, and that you both focus more on "me" that "you" or "Us" when trying to communicate. Learning how to communicate with one another in a safe manner would most likely be beneficial to your relationship. The key to affective communication between spouses is this: learning how to communicate with each other in the manner that the other will understand and comprehend what is being said, learning how to keep the conversation from becoming emotional, and learning how to respect & understand each other's point or side.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• You need to tell him much of what you've shared here. You don't need to 'grow a pair" . He needs to be a man, not a bully. Let him know he hurt your feeling and it is NOT okay. All screaming means is he is unable to havbe an adult conversation about a percieved problem. It is normal to cry when your feeling get stepped on. Some men are so dense you have to tell them exactly what you want and what you will and won't put up with. Yours sounds like this kind. There is also the possibility he plays the 'hard ass' to cover up a hurt little boy inside. It happens more often than you think.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think I'd cry too if that happened to me. My DH does not yell at me unless there's some kind of emergency. I probably also would have yelled back. I don't take stuff off people, even though I might cry at the same time. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• If it were my husband telling me to grow a pair I would tell him that if he wanted someone with a pair he was more than welcome to go find himself a nice man.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• It sounds slightly abusive. Maybe you should get professional help.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 4:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think he needs to grow a pair and act like a real man and not yell at his wife.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 4:55 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

Good one!
    MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• He shouldn't be yelling at you. Tell him that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2011