When you and your ex split did his parenting change? adult content

Me and my ex have been seperated one week. He knows that he was supposed to be here, we did communicate this, mon-Th in the morning so I could go to school. Well he was a no--show all week.

He was also a no show so that I could go to work. hmm?

So he said he would be here today so I could study, run a few errands, etc...No Show...

He did watch his son for a couple hours yesterday, but only because I just dropped him off, I needed a break for my sanity. I am not used to bing stuck 24/7.

Well he made an appt with our old family therapist for me and him. Guess we will figure out a schedule, but to be honest I don't even want to because he was supposed to show up and hasn't, and he's known the schedule.

???wtf are we seeing a counselor for??? I really am fed up. He's just a fucking irritant right now. uggh
what's your take on it.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• The thing that came to my mind was this... Why did the relationship end? From what you're saying... It seems it ended on bad terms (cheating, etc...) he wanted to find some way to screw you, and it looks like he accomplished just that... You need to give us a better background on him and your relationship before anyone can give their input.

If the relationship ended because you cheated etc... I wouldn't have showed up to help you out either... I would have made you miserable and I would continue to do it... You wont get any help if you were the causing factor in the break-up.
    Anonymous

• my husbands parents split up recently. she broke his heart. first she told him that their marriage just needed a break and that they may get back together, she moved out and then told him she'd been cheating on him with this 19 year old kid that they had basically adopted, who called them mom and dad. he was destroyed but they remain friends somehow. husband has 4 younger sisters, twin 14 year olds, a 13 year old, and a 4 year old. they live with dad and do sleepovers with mom sometimes. neither of the parents parent anymore. the girls used to have to clean their rooms and do their chores and get high marks, 9oclock bed time every school night and earlier if they disobeyed anything. now the girls keep breaking cell phones and getting new ones, they stay up as late as they want, no chores. they're being spoiled now. it's like they needed each other to parent and don't parent now that they're broken up
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Yes - he was a lot more involved, because he figured out he had to be if he wanted any place in his kids lives. I did everything when we were together, when we separated he had to do it all when they were with him.

Answer by missanc at 4:25 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• we split up because he just isn't respectful of other people. For instance, hanging out all night with friends, or not even giving a call just to say, hey I'm over at so&so's and I'll be home late, nothing. So I had enough, and kicked him out when he got home. If he was cheating that's beyond me, cheating never crossed my mind, and if he did, even more of a reason for him to be out.

He is sleeping on a friends couch right now, but besides that he still needs to be here to help with his child. If not I've been working on finding ways around that. Pretty simple solutions actually. I just don't understand why we need to see a cunselor, or he thinks we should if the schedule is already worked out. I have no other reason to communicate with him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Mar. 5, 2011