Are you glad Obama is thinking about NOT getting rid of "Don't Ask Don't Tell"?

I am.

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm glad, cause I think that gay people have just as much right to serve in the military as anyone else, and if they don't have that civil right as of right now (it WILL happen...just give it 50 years) then at least they can lie and still be able to serve their country.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yes.

I hope it never gets repealed.

I'm starting to like Obama a little bit more.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I'm quite glad =] I didn't hear much about it until today, but I'm pleasantly surprised. Gay people are people too, and have just as much right to serve as anyone else. Durrrr.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• look 2 or 3 questions below this one it was posted already.
    Anonymous

• No I'm not. It's not because I don't think that homosexuals should serve it will just complicate things. Men and women in the service are seperated for a reason, seperate showers, and living quarters. What are they going to do seperate people even more?
    Anonymous

• That's meaning that gay people can still not serve openly. What is so good about that?????????
    Anonymous

• Um, I think some of you didn't understand the question.

Obama is wanting to make sure that gays CANNOT SERVE OPENLY - they must still lie about it.

I'm glad about it though.
    Anonymous

• I'm glad he's thinking about not changing it. That one idea I do support of Obama's.
    Anonymous

• Seriously? You guys are okay with the rule...there can be gays in the military as long as they don't ever talk about it? Doesn't stop them from being gay, you know. Please. They should ban the non-gays from discussing sex, too, or dating or marrying or anything else that has to do with their private life.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Answered at 7:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 by: justanotherjen
    Seriously? You guys are okay with the rule...there can be gays in the military as long as they don't ever talk about it? Doesn't stop them from being gay, you know. Please. They should ban the non-gays from discussing sex, too, or dating or marrying or anything else that has to do with their private life.

THEY NEED TO KEEP QUITE. I wouldnt want to know if my bunkmate was gay or not. That could cause problems for them and me and others ... period.
    Anonymous