If you ditched your landline for cell phone only .....

was is a difficult transition? did you worry about old friends, companies, etc with the house # calling you? ... and how long ago did you make the switch? OH - and does it seem like you're really saving money?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:18 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Money & Work

• We switched about 5 years ago. Once DH and I each had a cell phone it didn't seem necessary to have a land line as well. We are only saving about 15 dollars a month but hey, every little bit helps in the house! It didn't take long to get other companies the new number plus we paid to have the message that gave the new number for a few weeks. Now days you can post on face book that you have anew number and tell the people who need it to PM you. I have had many friends do that!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:21 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I haven't had a land line phone in over six years! LOL! No one in my home was every home long enough to utilize it. It's much more economical and feasible for us to all have cell phones.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:22 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• We still have a home phone but I dont think we will by next year.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 4:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i haven't had a landline since i was 17, i'm 25 now. there's just no use for me to have one. i have had the same cell number for probably 7 years now so that's really the only number anyone knows
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I ditched years ago. Best thing I did. I never really used the landline anyways and yes, I save about $40 a month.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• We can't give up our landline. My home is built with steel I-beans every 24 inches. It makes for an incredibly strong house...it also makes it cell hell. We geet no reception in our house. My sister got rid of her landline at least 3 years ago. It saves her 60 bucks a month.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• We haven't ditched our line land yet. I keep it incase there is an emergency and the kids don't know where the cell phone is.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I do not feel like we are saving money at all. The transition was quite easy. My situation may be a bit different from others. I am trying to disconnect myself from family and some friends. The cell is to check in on the kids because I attend the University. I pay triple what I used to pay for landline. Hope I helped.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 3:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• We did this recently and I'm happy with the decision. No one calls me that I have not given my number to. Nice
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2011

• We ditched landline (it was actually VOIP) almost two years ago. It's no big deal; I just give out the cell numbers to the school, etc. We're saving about $60/month by having cell only.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:22 PM on Mar. 8, 2011