How to make parenthood a bit easier and less stress?

Parenting is starting to get tiring for me. I have a 20 month and 3.5 year old. Don't get me wrong, I love taking care of me. It's just getting to much for me. About five times a week, I take a long bus ride to and from Daycare with them. Then when we just get home, I have to cook supper, I got to bathe them every second day, which kills my back. And just other stuff that comes with parenting. It sure is a full time job. I'm trying to do this all on my own. Of course, I have help from my finance. However, he starts school full time. But I wanna do this independently. They are my kids, my responsibly. I'm on a low income, can't afford much babysitting to take breaks from them. I'm looking for ways to be able to manage parenthood a bit easier and less stressful.

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 4:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wish there is some miraculous way to make it all easier. I guess patience and discipline are key. but your kids are a little too young for discipline. hang in there. its very stressful and they take work. my daughter is almost 3 and my second is 6 months. i feel ya hon... sometimes feel like i'm gonna lose it, but i hang in there. :)
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• I think first you need to take a deep breath. Second you need to understand that it is okay to ask for help. While I understand they are your kids and you fiance is going to be starting school full time you still need to ask for help. If you fiance is there then I would ask them to help with bath time, if that is what is hardest for you.

It is never easy you just need to relax and take it easy.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Find the little moments everyday to enjoy, there is NO way you can understand this now ... NONE of us can ... please believe me , it does go fast and you will want to get these times back. Try finding ways to make the bus ride, dinner time and bath special so when they look back, they will say "my mom was the greatest, she ..."

my oldest kids are in their 20's my youngest is 7 ... trust me :0)
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The older they get the easier it gets. As in, they can do things alone.

Answer by louise2 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• i hear it gets better as they get older, but i am afraid of the teens when there are other struggle, i guess there is struggles in infant, toddlers, preschoolers, preteens, teens. so as it gets easier when they can do more things independently, but there are more things to face though, like driving, boys liking girls or vise versa, or sports, u get the pics
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 7:51 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• check you human services dept. the may be able to lead to income based child chare like head start!
    augboy11

Answer by augboy11 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 5, 2011