What is the best restaurant that you have ever been to?

Specifically, out of the way, or off the beaten path types of places?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 4:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• WHY would someone vote me down for likeing a place to eat- and not the other girl who liked the same place?!?!?!?

odd...

I use vote downs for when people are being RUDE or NASTY or giving really bad advice or something...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:46 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• My favorite one that is 2 hours away, Provino's. I have driven 2 hours there to eat and then turned around and drove 2 hours home.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• this little family owned Thai restaurant. hubby and i love thai food and there is only one thai place remotely close (a half hour away) we love it. quaint, great atmosphere, delish food,
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The best place I have ever eaten was a little shack (literally a grass and wood shack) that served seafood in Goa (India) . This place had a dirt floor, tables outside, grass roof and walls and all the cooking was done outside on an open fire and outdoor tandoor type oven. Yet it had the best seafood I have ever eaten in my life.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• best food ever is the cheese cake factory
    wickedstar

Answer by wickedstar at 5:06 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• honestly the best meal I've ever eaten was the melting pot in downtown minneapolis. .... we ate at a very fancy revolving restaurant in NYC (i forget the name of the place... near times square) and the food and service were both awful. 2nd best meal ever was an Italian place in Vegas, in the Stratosphere I think.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:49 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• James At The Mill, NWArkansas...I think even the water cost at least $15/glass. LoL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:08 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• DiMillos floating restaurant in Portland Maine. I hate fish, but dh loves it, they actually caught the fish off the back of the boat!! Best chicken Alfredo I've ever had!! And we were on the deck looking out, over the ocean. It was awesome!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:15 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• The Kitchen In Sacramento, CA- for the experience. It's an entire evening of watching food being prepared and tasting along the way. Years ago, you had to get a reservation 6-12 months in advance. I do not know if things have changed. For Prime Rib, the House of Prime Rib in San Francisco is a winner.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Charlie Trotters

Answer by rkoloms at 10:44 PM on Mar. 5, 2011