Do you believe childcare workers are babysitters?

lilachievers

Asked by lilachievers at 4:39 PM on Mar. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Not at all. When I worked in a daycare everyone had to do lesson plans down to the toddler room. We had to plan for activities for fine and large motor skills, songs, puppets, books, hands on science activities, arts and crafts. We had to account for a full day of learning.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• nope. I consider a babysitting "sitting in" for the parents on a short term temp. basis. Doing bare bones work (a meal, diaper change, reading a book, tucking into bed) and I consider a childcare worker more FT, consistent, longer hours requiring some type of bond or love for the child to be able to make it through the day. Knowing the child's personality, quirks, etc and truly being there for them. A babysitter has a list of emergency #'s and could bail out at any time
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:52 PM on Mar. 5, 2011

• yes I do!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 5:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2011