Health Insurance... HELP!

Does anyone have insurance, not through an employer, that is reasonably affordable, that provides decent coverage, and that you are happy with? My insurance through my company SUCKS! They have surprise costs and stipulations that dont make sense! I am so mad right now... Do you know of any decent health insurance co's???

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 3:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe look into SimplyBlue? I don't know much about it, but I know Blue Cross works almost anywhere, and this is a subsidary of their's, so...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I have heard Aetna, and I looked into them, but it depends on your definition of Affordable.

PS I hate my insurance too, it pulls the same crap. I think most insurances do unless you want to pay $1000+ a month.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 4:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I've got Aetna and it's $350 per month for my family. The coverage isn't bad.
    Be aware - how much you pay each month depends mostly on where you live, not on how old you are or anything like that. States that don't have a cap on "pain and suffering" awards in lawsuits have far, far higher insurance rates.
    If you are a CostCo member, you might try them. They have a plan that members can join. You can also join your state's farm bureau and get insurance through them in most states. No, you don't have to be a farmer. Anyone can join. http://www.fb.org/
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Try: www.mybenefitsplus.com/clanders. The plans start at 19.95 for just dental, all the way to 59.95 for medical and dental. That is monthly for the entire household. It's not insurance, it's a discount program and often times you will save more then traditional insurance would save you. Also, it's available immediately.

TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I'm not sure what exactly is going on with your insurance company not paying, but there are exception to a lot of the rules. You have to appeal decisions and keep after them. EVERY insurance company will deny payment the first time and bank on customers not appealing.

For instance, if you have a test done at an in-network hospital, but the radiologist is not in-network, they will deny it. You have to call and say it should be covered because you did not have a choice on the radiologist so it has to be treated as an in-network provider would be. Then within 90 days, the insurance will make the payment. If you call the places that you have medical bills with, they will help you to get it covered. A lot of them know the system and how to work it. Or you can talk to the Human Resources department or the insurance broker. It is their job to help you get your claims paid.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2008